I’ve always had a “to do” and “goals” lists since I can remember. And what better way to do these lists than at the start of every new year eh? I couldn’t agree more.
I am an avid fan & reader of Ms. Jenni Epperson, I really think she’s one of the ladies who can balance every aspect of her life-family, friend, work & fashion! She’s an inspiration for new moms like me! YAY! 🙂
And so as I was reading her blog, I stumbled upon on this article and I would like to share this to all of you.
GUIDELINES FOR A SUCCESSFUL & WISE 2011
01. Drink plenty of water.
02. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper
03. Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
04. Make time to pray.
05. Play more games.
06. Read more books than you did in 2010.
07. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
08. Sleep for 7 hours each day.
09. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
10. Know your limits.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
13. Dream more while you are awake.
14. Envy is a waste of time; you already have all you need.
15. Forget issues of the past don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
16. Life is too short to waste time hating others.
17. Make peace with your past and accept your mistakes. We’re only human.
18. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
19. Smile and laugh more often.
20. You don’t have to win every argument, agree to disagree.
21. Call your family and friends more often.
22. Each day give something good to others.
23. Forgive everyone for everything, even thought it’s hard!
24. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business. Who cares?
27. Do the right thing!
28. TIME heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
I wasn’t able to write a goals list for this year, for I was (and still am) busy preparing for my babe’s 1st birthday next month
but this guideline sure can make up for my goals list for this year.
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS put together. Thanks Ms. J for sharing this!
What a good way to start 2011 don’t you think?
Re-blog if you agree 😀 Share! share! & share some more!